AVID Desert Edition Snorkel Renegade Cold Air Intake
Desert and/or Arctic environment specific – The AVID Desert Edition Snorkel Renegade Cold Air Intake relocates your engine’s air intake point from the vulnerable position in your front grille to the higher and safer roofline where a constant source of drier, cooler, and cleaner air is drawn instead of hotter air from near the hot engine compartment.
As vehicles traveling ahead stirs up dust and debris, airborne particles tend to hover just a few feet off the ground. While the factory air intake does an amicable job at drawing in air from near the front grille, the factory air intake also draws in contaminated air into the filter, clogging the air filter with debris, effectively restricting engine power. By drawing air from a higher position, your engine will be able to access cooler and cleaner air; additionally mitigating the risk of hydrolocking your engine by water ingestion when nosing into deeper water.
The AVID Desert Edition Snorkel Renegade Cold Air Intake is designed with our comprehensive CAD/CAM assisted design process for high dust environments and/or extreme snowfall or blizzards. Comprehensive FEA (finite element analysis) design and testing also eliminates stress points and cracks, reduces weight, and improves fatigue life.
Aside from reducing the risk of becoming stranded in a remote location by offering excellent water crossing capabilities, the AVID AERO Snorkel Renegade Cold Air Intake is also designed to be compatible with all current known roof racks and rack mounted light bars. AVID Renegade Snorkel Cold Air Intake can also improve engine power delivery and fuel economy by delivering drier, cooler, and cleaner air to your engine.
AVID AERO Desert Edition Renegade Cold Air Intake are manufactured from UV stable, crosslinked polyethylene for ultimate strength, durability, and light weight. Stainless steel and plated mounting hardware is used for corrosion resistance. The AVID designed Renegade Snorkel Cold Air Intake supplies air volume in excess of engine air intake requirements.
AVID Desert Edition Snorkel Renegade Cold Air Intake Features:
– Desert and/or Arctic environment specific – Meant for use in high dust or high debris or extreme snowfall environments
– UV stable crosslinked polyethylene body for ultimate strength, durability, and light weight. Will not crack like cheap cast metal.
– High flow air intake port, ducting, and air intake body ensures air supply in excess of engine requirements.
– Each component is designed for an interlocked seal against dust and water intrusion.
– Optional integrated manual drain valves channel away excess water to prevent it from entering the intake system.
– Corrosion resistant hardware utilizing stainless steel and plated fasteners.
– Compatible with all North American 2.4L/1.4T Jeep Renegade Trims/Models.