AVID LEXICON Rear Bumper w/ integrated retractable Bike Rack
The AVID LEXICON series of Rear Bumpers mounts directly to the frame rails completely replacing the factory OE bumper structure. Constructed from 4130 Chromoly and high strength steel, the AVID LEXICON Renegade rear bumper improves the rear departure angle while integrating a bike rack (2 bike capacity, 4 bike capacity bike rack add on TBA), trailer hitch (2″ receiver) and heavy duty chassis mounted recovery points.
Our comprehensive CAD/CAM assisted design process includes comprehensive FEA (finite element analysis) design/testing process to minimize frame flex and an additional wind tunnel tested aerodynamics design process that ensures high speed vehicle handling and fuel efficiency are not compromised. Frame flex is kept to a minimum while vehicle front end component survivability is maximized. Built in theft deterrence features (attached to bumper frame through integrated hinge pins), and an optional 4 bike mount rack complete an industry first completely fold-away bike rack.
All AVID front and rear bumper structures and exterior components are powdercoated (2 stage textured poly) for surface durability; will exceed OE specifications for resistance to the elements.
AVID LEXICON Renegade Rear Bumper Featureset:
– Design: With the industry’s only FEA assisted and aerodynamically tested bumper design process, AVID’s RADIUS series Rear Bumper offers an unparalleled featureset, vehicle protection, and styling.
– 4130 Chromoly and High Strength Steel Construction: heavy duty 4130 Chromoly 1/4″ and 3/16″ frame, bike rack arm, and trailer hitch support frame construction with High Strength Steel 1/8″ and 5/32″ outer superstructure construction (optional Reynolds 853 bike rack arm construction)
– Integrated retractable Bike Rack (carries 2 bikes and expandable to 4 bikes with optional addons) The integrated retractable Bike Rack folds away completely into the rear bumper structure when retracted and safely carries 2 bikes when deployed. Rated for 50 lbs per bike and compatible with XXL frame sizes such as a 2018 Santa Cruz V10 XXL and fat bikes on both rack points. Also rated for offroad travel: will keep your bike secure over rough and harsh terrain.
– Integrated trailer hitch with 2″ receiver. (Please note that although the bumper and tow hitch structure have been tested to class IV specs, Jeep rates the Renegade’s maximum tow rating and suspension loading up to 2000lbs from Jeep, which equates to class I.) www.jeep.com/jeep-capabilities/towing.html The Trailer hitch can be used simultaneously with the integrated bike rack in its deployed state.
– Integrated heavy duty 1/2″ steel, chassis-mounted Recovery Points
– Optional rearview camera relocation kit (TBA Q2 2018).
– Hi-lift Jack compatible
– Max departure angle fits 32″ tires without rubbing. (The AVID RADIUS Rear Bumper will clear 32″ tires by itself, however tire sizes over 28.5″ will require a lift kit for wheel well clearance, and tire sizes over 29.5″ will require additional wheel well clearancing)
– Integrated OE backup sensor mounts with delete covers/plugs.
– Powdercoated for durability! (2 Stage Poly)
– Compatible with all North American Jeep Renegade Trims/Models (including the Trailhawk)
– No cutting or welding is required for installation.