AVID RADIUS Rear Bumper with Tow Hitch and Recovery Points
The AVID RADIUS series of Rear Bumpers mounts directly to the frame rails completely replacing the factory OE bumper structure. Constructed from high strength steel, the AVID RADIUS Renegade rear bumper improves the rear departure angle while integrating a trailer hitch (2″ receiver) and heavy duty chassis mounted recovery points.
Our comprehensive CAD/CAM assisted design process includes comprehensive FEA (finite element analysis) design/testing process to minimize frame flex and an additional wind tunnel tested aerodynamics design process that ensures high speed vehicle handling and fuel efficiency are not compromised. Frame flex is kept to a minimum while vehicle front end component survivability is maximized.
All AVID front and rear bumper structures and exterior components are powdercoated (2 stage textured poly) for surface durability; will exceed OE specifications for resistance to the elements.
AVID RADIUS Renegade Rear Bumper Featureset:
– Design: With the industry’s only FEA assisted and aerodynamically tested bumper design process, AVID’s RADIUS series Rear Bumper offers an unparalleled featureset, vehicle protection, and styling.
– High Strength Steel Construction: heavy duty 1/4″ and 3/16″ inner structure and trailer hitch support frame construction with 1/8″ and 5/32″ outer superstructure construction (Please see RADIUS Elite series for optional 1/4 inch Aluminum construction)
– Integrated trailer hitch with 2″ receiver. (Please note that although the bumper and tow hitch structure have been tested to class IV specs, Jeep rates the Renegade’s maximum tow rating and suspension loading up to 2000lbs from Jeep, which equates to class I.) www.jeep.com/jeep-capabilities/towing.html
– Integrated heavy duty 1/2″ steel, chassis-mounted Recovery Points
– Hi-lift Jack compatible
– Max departure angle fits 32″ tires without rubbing. (The AVID RADIUS Rear Bumper will clear 32″ tires by itself, however tire sizes over 28.5″ will require a lift kit for wheel well clearance, and tire sizes over 29.5″ will require additional wheel well clearancing)
– Integrated OE backup sensor mounts with delete covers/plugs.
– Powdercoated for durability! (2 Stage Poly)
– Compatible with all North American Jeep Renegade Trims/Models (including the Trailhawk)
– No welding is required for installation.